DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHOSE COURAGEOUS STORY YOU WANT TO SHARE?
We're looking for inspiring individuals who:
- Face the challenge of living with mental illness and/or addiction with dignity and perseverance,
- Support others who struggle with mental illness and/or addiction,
- Help change attitudes about mental illness and/or addiction,
- Serve as models of hope and inspiration to others.
What does a Transforming Lives Award recipient receive?
Through sharing their stories, award recipients contribute to the fabric of social change by breaking down the stigma that surrounds mental illness and addiction. In addition, award recipient will:
- Receive a Transforming Lives Awards on the night of the event,
- Be recognized for an audience of their peers for their courage,
- Be eligible for media opportunities to further share their story of transformation and hope for others.
Tell your nominee's courageous story as accurately and in as much detail as possible. Their unique experience may inspire and encourage others facing similar challenges to take their first step toward treatment and recovery.
Nomination deadline is February 1, 2016.
Please submit a 500-1,000 word description of why your nominee should receive a Transforming Lives Award.
Be sure to include the following:
- The nature of the nominee’s mental illness and/or addiction and the impact it has had on their life and the lives of their family and friends.
- How the nominee has faced the challenges of living with mental illness and/or addiction.
- Why you believe this individual is deserving of a CAMH Transforming Lives Award.
- Provide supporting material including newspaper articles, photos, videos or letters written by or about the nominee, if possible.
We encourage nominations that reflect both the diversity of the members of our society, as well as the mental health and addiction issues they may face.
Awards will be presented on May 25, 2016 in Toronto at an event attended by more than 900 guests.
If you have any questions about the nomination and/or selection process, please contact Lidia Franchitto, Development Officer, Events at 416-979-6909 ext 36169 or email Lidia.Franchitto@camh.ca
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE NOMINATION FORM.